Description - Descrição - Beschrijving
Renovated 4-bedroom detached country house with 1900 m2 garden. The house was built in stone and is tastefully renovated by the current owners. The roof and ceilings are made of wood and create a warm, Portuguese country feeling. It was originally a family home together with a grocery store and a bar. Adapted to modern times, the renovation works made it now into a comfortable and spacious family house with 4 bedrooms & ensuite 3 bathrooms + extra toilet. All the main rooms are on street level and there is also a basement which could be turned into more accommodation.
There is covered balcony at the back of the house, which gives you beautiful views of the garden and surrounding landscape. Private and secluded, the setting provides a sense of peace. The garden is around 1800 m2 and has many centuries old olive trees, fruit trees (orange, apple, fig), storage garden shed and own water from borehole which is 120 m2 deep.
The house has main electricity and water, and is connected to main sewerage as well as to an own septic tank. The house also benefits from fiber internet!
The house is exempt of habitation license.
- 3 ensuite bedrooms + 1 bedroom
- Suite 1: bedroom 4,50 m x 4,50 m / bathroom 1,44 m x 2,54 m
- Suite 2: bedroom 4,35 m x 3,25 m / bathroom 2,94 m x 2,64 m
- Suite 3: bedroom 2,95 m x 5,80 m / bathroom 2,50 m x 1,93 m
- Bedroom 4: 5,90 m x 4,65 m & 2,36 m (L-shape)
- Many windows with double glazing providing a lot of light
- Several entrances into the house and garden
- Beautiful wooden ceilings, tiled floors and timber floors throughout
- A property offering the best of both worlds: the possibility of living in a small peaceful village, in the perfect rural setting, yet minutes away from the village centre and close to many central destinations.
- Excellent regional road network for good access to the nearest city, to Lisbon airport, Spain or anywhere in the country
- At only 3 km from the Tagus River, 3 km from Alvega.
- The property is completely fenced and has three different entrance gates.
- Built-up area: 220 m2
- Habitable space: 162 m2
- Ground floor and basement
- Basement with 40 m2
- Carport with 30 m2
- Living room with wood burner (7,30 m x 4,40 m)
- 3 ensuite bedrooms
- 1 bedroom with fireplace
- Kitchen with access to the balcony (3,20 m x 5,44 m)
- Outdoor kitchen with access from the balcony (4,60 m x 2,75 m)
- The basement could be turned into separate accommodation with access through the main entrance of the house or through the back garden.
- Own bathroom (toilet and sink)
- With an area of approximately 1,900 m2
- Centuries old olive trees
- Very large European nettle trees
- An ancient almond tree
- Cork oaks
- Many fruit trees
- Many ornamental trees
- Herb and flower garden
- Large tank
- Borehole (120 meters)
- Village centre (small supermarket, cashpoint, cafés, etc.) – ¼ km
- Alvega River Beach – 3 km
- A23 Mouriscas Junction– 6 km
- Abrantes (local hospital, schools, shopping area, A23, railway stations, etc) – ¼ hour
- Spain/Portalegre – ¾ hour
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Nazare – 1 ¼ hours
Contact us to schedule a viewing!
Energy certificate: D