Description - Descrição - Beschrijving
A recently renovated 2 storey house with 2 bedrooms located in the village Póvoa de Rio dos Moinhos .
The house has a footprint of 106 m2 and a total constructed area of 212 m2 and includes a small courtyard of 25m2. It is completely and recently renovated in 2022. There are restaurants, local café and shop within the village. At the edge of the village there is a picnic/barbecue area.
The renovation works were carried out to bring the house up to modern standards, whilst maintaining the external appearance of a traditional house, that is in keeping with its surroundings. Particular attention was paid to increasing insulation values and providing energy efficient solutions.
- Removal of old timber floors and installation of new floors and supporting structure
- Cleaning of external façade and stonework, and repainting of façade
- Installation of new UPVC windows and doors throughout
- Entirely new plumbing, drainage and electrical services (all existing installations were removed)
- Construction of suspended ceilings with incorporated LED spot lights and decorative coving
- Insulation of roof spaces with 10cm of insulation
- New bathrooms with underfloor heating, large walk-in showers and feature wall in complementary mosaic tiles
- Efficient pellet burning stove in lounge/diner with integrated timer to allow programming of heating times
- Dual mode hot water system with ultra efficient heat pump, and boost mode for quick heating of hot water
- Pre-installation of all services for a kitchen (to be chosen by a purchaser)
- New internal doors throughout
Accommodation is on the first floor and comprises two en-suite bedrooms (one with direct access to the walled garden), guest wc and open plan lounge/diner/kitchen.
The kitchen has been left for the buyer to choose. If a buyer does not want an open plan kitchen then a wall can be built to close off the kitchen from the lounge.
There are two further areas on the ground floor. One has the services for a washing machine installed, and also houses the water heater, plus storage space. The other room could be converted into accommodation, as it has a good floor to ceiling height and would make an ideal office, workshop or even guest apartment.
At the side of the property is a small walled garden, where you have views of the village and countryside.
Alcains is 10 minutes drive away, and there you have an Intermarché supermarket, local shops, the health centre swimming pool (indoor and outdoor) and all local facilities. Castelo Branco is at 17 kms.